We hope you never have an accident or loss. But if you have a loss, knowing that your claim is covered by personal insurance will help. That’s what insurance is all about. And, if you understand the claim filing process, you will find you will have fewer headaches and have your claim resolved much faster.
Here Are Some Tips To Help You File Your Claim
Our agency is here to help you through the entire claim process.
- Always read your insurance policy so you know what is covered and what is not covered.
- If you are unsure if your claim is covered, it is always good to call our office, or talk to the insurance company.
- For auto accidents (depending on the damages), you may need to report the accident to the DMV.
- After the loss, you need to provide notification to the insurance company.
- Document as much as you can. If you are involved in an auto accident, take photos with your smart phone. Get as many witnesses as possible.
- You have an obligation to prevent further damage. For example, if you have roof damage you will need to patch the roof with plastic or other material to prevent any further water damage.
- Understand that the claim process will involve working with a number of people. Our office can help take some of the work off your plate, but you will have to talk to the adjuster at some point to review the claim and settlement.
- Before accepting any settlement, make sure you are satisfied with the amount.
- Remember, all losses will be subject to your deductible.
- Use our agency as your resource; we are here to help you manage the claim process.
Our employees are committed to developing ongoing communication with our clients, and striving to exceed your expectations. You are not buying a product; you are managing your risk. Remember, insurance is not a product; it’s a promise and a trusted relationship.
We are Worthington Insurance specializing in competitive auto, home, contractor and business insurance as well as insurance in Philadelphia, Yardley, Morrisville, Langhorne, Newtown, Bensalem, Levittown, Bucks County and surrounding areas in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.