There are a number of devastating events that, should they occur, would create serious problems for your family. These events can include floods, tornados, or other natural disasters. It is never too late to get prepared, and the first step is to build a disaster kit for you and your family.
If you live in a flood zone, we recommend that you have flood insurance. However, did you know that even if you do not live in a flood zone you might need flood insurance? According to Flood Smart, 20% of flood claims come from low risk areas.
We also recommend that everyone review their personal insurance program, specifically your homeowner’s insurance, to make sure that you have the right coverage in the event of a disaster.
A basic emergency kit should include the following:
Three-day supply of food and water
Sanitation and personal hygiene items
Solar power source for smart phone
Dust masks for every family member
First aid kit
Other items to consider
- Create a personal backpack for each family member
- Have a pre-determined meeting place if separated from family
- Think about what your pet needs may be
- Would you need to build a shelter? Having plastic sheeting might help
- Call our professional staff today for more information. Don’t wait until you’re knee deep in water!
Worthington Insurance specializing in competitive auto, home, contractor and business insurance as well as insurance in Philadelphia, Yardley, Morrisville, Langhorne, Newtown, Bensalem, Levittown, Bucks County and surrounding areas in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Get a flood quote now